If you’re looking for a free roulette game, you may already know that other than a European roulette game, there is also the American roulette game. If you’re confused about how each is different from the other, you need not be because they are similar in almost every way; except for the simple fact that the European roulette game has a single zero (0) while the American roulette game has a double zero(00).
Despite this difference, both games are played in the same manner. They also follow the same rules except for the fact that the odds or house advantages are different (2.7% for the European roulette game and 5.7% for the American. In addition, the wheel is almost the same (but for the 0 and 00), the payouts are the same, and the table layout is almost the same. As stated earlier, the single difference between American roulette game and European roulette game is the number of zeroes on the wheel and in that difference alone lies ALL the difference. The European roulette game is the most popular of the two as it is the traditional French (European) version of the roulette game.
Summary of European Roulette Game Rules:
The general rules of the game are as follows:
- House edge of 2.6%
- Single-zero game: the bets are made on 0 and 1-36
- Outside bets pay out 2 to 1 and 1 to 1 (even money)
- Inside bets pay out from 5 to 1 and up to 35 to 1
How to Play Online European Roulette Game:
- Visit an Online Casino and Click ‘Play’ – The first thing you want to do is to visit a site that provides a platform for European roulette to be played.
- Select Your Stake/ Chip – Next, you’ll have the opportunity to choose either to play roulette free or play with real money down (i.e. betting). Assuming you’re playing for free, you’ll find a number of chips you can use to decide how much you’re betting. Some machines will ask you to click on a ‘bet now button’ first then choose the chip, others simply just ask you to select your stake.
- Place You Yet – Now, it’s time to place your bet. Move your mouse over a betting field of your choice on the table. The selection will be highlighted and sometimes the corresponding payouts will be shown. Click on it to place your bet.
- Spin the wheel – The last step simply involve you clicking ‘SPIN’ to spin the wheel. Watch it go and as it comes to rest, you’ll find out if you’ve won or not.
Get More House Edge With A European Roulette Game
The European version of roulette is much better (for the player at least) than the American roulette table. The American version has higher house edge roulette odds and so results in more people losing more money on average. Of course different players will have different luck, but the house edge is something that is based on thousands of plays. You are much more likely to walk away in profit if you choose to play at the European roulette game table instead of the American roulette game table. Don’t forget to try out the free roulette game if you don’t want to risk your money.